Thursday, February 28, 2008

I want everything...

Selling something in a competitive marketplace means being better than the competition. That works if you're selling DVD players, baseball cards, on-line books.... whatever. That's because the successful business person wants to see a profit and continue to see a profit. The old adages about a happy customer are true, but only if that customer is paying for something.

From a business points of view, I think it's pretty odd that someone would expect me to go through a large amount of time, expense and headache to put together a top-flight product which I would then give away for no discernable purpose or gain.

I was aware of this when I first started writing the book, so in addition to all of the content about the countries, I added original content to make all of that information usable, and understandable, to the average reader. These are people who want to eventually get to enjoy some of the benefits that I do from working in Europe, such as employer health care, full pension and five weeks of holiday every year, not waste months and years learning about the complexities of immigration laws sitting in a basement in Seattle or Bangalore.

So, why blunder for months when you can have the inside track about Germany, and the rest of the European Union, from one source in plain, readable English... now.

No comments: